Welcome to our church family!
Come and visit us one Sunday – we’d love to meet you. Here are some questions you may have on your mind.
When and where do you meet?
Meeting together is the high-point of our week. On Sunday mornings we meet at 10:30 in the school hall of Coopers Edge Primary School, Typhoon Way, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4DY. We also meet in the same venue for our evening service at 18:00. There’s a small car park just in front of the school, otherwise there’s space in the surrounding roads. Please note that just beyond the school there is a small stretch of bus lane – please don’t drive through it or you’ll receive a fine in the post!
You are more than welcome to attend any of our services. Please get in touch through the Contact form if you want to know more.
What about Covid-19?
Church life has been greatly affected by the coronavirus pandemic over recent months. Whilst we’re glad to be meeting back in person and at the school again, we’re conscious of the need to adopt practices that will mitigate the risks associated with transmission of the virus. Consequently, there are a few changes that relate to our services:
- Please do not attend services if you are feeling unwell, or have been advised to self-isolate.
- Names and contact details of all attendees are recorded and kept for 21 days for the purposes of “Test and Trace”.
- We’re adopting a measure of “flexible” social distancing to cater for the differing situations of those attending. There are specific areas with greater spacing between seats – please indicate to a member of the welcoming team if you would prefer to make use of these.
- We request that (unless exempt) attendees wear masks in enclosed corridors (such as entering and exiting the building through the door to the left of the atrium and when queueing up for refreshments), and also when singing. There is no need to wear a mask at any other time. Doors and windows in the hall will be left open to maximise ventilation.
- We don’t currently operate the creche or Sunday school.
If you have any further questions relating to our procedures pertaining to Covid-19, please get in touch via the Contact Form.
Coopers Edge Primary School
What happens during your services?
We believe that Sundays are really important – a day set apart for God’s family to get together to be refreshed, encouraged and fed for the week ahead. Our services centre upon our emphasis on the need to have a living relationship with God – hearing from Him and speaking to Him. In our morning service we sing, pray, there is often a talk for the children, and we have a reading from the Bible and then a message to explain the passage, apply it to our lives, and above all to let it show us the greatness of Jesus. The service normally lasts from an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
Our evening services are similar in format, and once a month we set aside time to share the Lord’s Supper together (communion).
We serve refreshments after both services and encourage people to stay and chat in the large all-weather atrium area.
What is provided for my children?
The Lord Jesus welcomed the children to come to him and we want to do all we can to welcome all, from the youngest to the oldest, to attend our services. Ordinarily, during the morning service we would have a staffed creche and a Sunday school during the main message which is available for all pre-school and primary-aged children (all helpers being DBS checked). However, under the current circumstances we haven’t yet been able to restart these. We’re quite used to a bit of noise during the service so please don’t worry if your children make any.
What should I wear?
We have no set uniform! Please come in whatever you would feel most comfortable.
Do you have a preferred Bible translation?
As members we read from a variety of different translations. Our pastor preaches from the English Standard Version. If you don’t have your own Bible we’d love to give one to you.